Appointments and Referrals
General Heart Center Appointments
Registered nurse counselors can help you assess the nature of your health problem or concern and direct you to the appropriate VCU Health System physician and services. They can also help you schedule an appointment.
You may call our Information and Referral Center at (800) 762-6161, on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to speak with someone immediately. You may also call the 804-MCV-HEARTS (804-628-4327).
View patient and visitor information here
Please read the VCU Health System Privacy Statement.
* * Please note that we cannot offer medical advice or diagnosis by e-mail, telephone or mail. If you have a health-related question or suspect that you have a health problem, you should consult your physician or make an appointment with a VCU Health System physician.
Our providers operate on an appointment basis. You may schedule an appointment during standard operating hours (Monday – Friday 8 to 5). If your condition requires immediate medical attention please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Call ahead to schedule an appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule, we ask that you do so at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Arrive on-time for your appointment. If you are visiting our practice for the first time, please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Bring your insurance cards and co-payment with you to your appointment.
- Verify your insurance coverage of our services prior to your visit. If you are being referred to us from another providers office you may need a referral/authorization.
- Bring your medication bottles (or an updated list of medications) with you every time you visit us for a medical appointment.
- Self-pay patients will be required to pay $120 and complete a payment agreement before being seen.
For Your protection, photo identification is requested and will be scanned into your electronic record.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Appointments
All physicians see patients in the Ambulatory Care Center’s 3rd Floor Surgery Clinic. Please use the telephone numbers as indicated below for particular information regarding individual physicians, to schedule appointments or and obtain prescription information:
West Hospital, 7th Floor, South Wing
1200 East Broad Street
PO Box 980068
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0068
Telephone: 804- 828-2775
Fax: 804- 628-0537
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday
URGENT TRANSFER CENTER