College Student Volunteer Program
At the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) we welcome students from various colleges and universities. Undergraduate, graduate, or non-traditional students can become involved in many ways at VCU Health. Current students and those that intend to take classes in the next year must apply to the college student program.
To successfully apply to volunteer, you must begin working on the requirements before the semester begins. The application period for the Spring 2018 semester has closed. The application and health screening requirements for Summer will be posted on this page at the end of the Spring 2018 semester. The application for the Fall 2018 semester will be posted mid-summer.
When considering applying for a future semester, make sure you understand:
- Health screening, registration, and orientation are all required to participate
- You must have a Social Security Number in order to volunteer
- You must have a valid, government-issued ID, such as Driver’s License or Passport
- We expect a weekly commitment of at least two consecutive hours (excluding official university breaks and holidays) for the entire semester—this is approximately 20 hours of service
- We encourage volunteers to participate for multiple semesters
- Letters of reference will only be provided to volunteers who have served 40 hours or more (a record of hours can be provided at any time)
If you have any questions, contact Volunteer Services at 804.828.0922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering!