There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the body.
Pointing us toward a lot of answers.
VCU Health at Baird Vascular Institute is a multi-disciplinary collaboration of interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons. By working in tandem, we can use the most advanced imaging technology to give us the fastest, clearest picture of a patient’s peripheral circulatory system and vascular problems and diseases, pointing us precisely to the right diagnosis and treatment plan and procedures. This real-time imaging and micro-surgical precision mean that many vascular procedures that once required general surgery and a long recovery are now handled with minimally invasive outpatient surgery, a tiny incision, a Band-Aid® – as we send you on your way.
It also allows us to provide services outside those of a traditional vascular practice. We can treat the painful micro-tears of plantar fasciitis and other tendon injuries. Place IV ports for long-term care or dialysis, or insert filters into veins to block potential clots from reaching the heart, lungs or brain. We offer gentle procedures to deal with varicose veins or erase unsightly spider veins. And as a division of VCU Health, we partner with our colleagues at VCU Health Medical Center to refer patients whose conditions require complex, inpatient care.
At VCU Health at Baird Vascular Institute, we have the latest in technology and techniques to diagnose and treat a wide range of vascular diseases and related conditions. Our interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons offer a multi-disciplinary approach that allows us to tailor a custom treatment plan for every patient.
- Comprehensive peripheral vascular screening, diagnosis and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment for narrowing of arteries in the legs, arms and other areas of the body
- Varicose vein care
- Cosmetic spider vein treatments
- Port placement for chemotherapy and other long-term IV therapy needs
- Dialysis access management
- IVC/SVC filter placement
- Vascular ultrasound and peripheral vascular physiologic tests (PVR and ABI)
- Convenient outpatient pre-procedure workups and post-procedure follow-ups for a range of inpatient surgeries and procedures
- Consultation services
- Image-Guided Tendon treatment
If you are interested in a consultation for any of the services we provide, talk to your doctor or contact us directly at (804) 828-2600 or submit a note through our contact form.