Classes for Expectant and New Parents
We'll teach you and your family how to take care of your baby.
VCU Health offers a comprehensive prenatal Family Life Education program including:
- Healthy Beginnings: Tour of Birthing Center
- Newborn Parenting
- Childbirth Preparation
- Postpartum Breastfeeding Support Group
- Infant CPR
- Infant Massage
- Sibling Class
- Grandparenting 101
- Family Finances 101
- Childcare 101: Quest for Quality
- Baby on Board: Car Seat Safety Inspections
- Boot Camp for New Dads
- Calling the Shots: Vaccines and Your Baby
Download a PDF of the schedule of classes and tours
Registration is required. To register, call 804-828-4409.
Benefits of Infant Massage
Certified Infant Massage Instructors explain how massage benefits babies by enhancing bonding, promoting social, emotional and cognitive development, decreasing irritability and excessive crying, and reducing gas and colic.