We know talking about your digestive health can be uncomfortable. We want your experience to be as worry-free as possible.
Whether you need to schedule an appointment, find out what to expect at your first visit, learn how to look for clinical trials or just want to talk to someone who understands what you’re going through, our experienced staff and specialized physicians are ready to help.
We offer an integrated, multidisciplinary program, with treatment and patient education for a variety of digestive health diseases. Our diagnostic services include:
- Multidisciplinary team in a single location, including physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians and ostomy/wound care nurses
- Digestive Health Inpatient Unit geographically attached to the IBD practice
- Dedicated ostomy nurse
- Surgical management of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Infusion therapy
- Dedicated radiologists and pathologists
- Capsule endoscopy
- CT and MR enterography
- Enteral and parenteral treatment of malnutrition
- Feeding and nutrition access
- Clinical research and trials
The endoscopy suite at VCU Health Medical Center is a state-of-the-art facility with seven procedure rooms. Fluoroscopy is available in the suite, allowing endoscopic procedures requiring fluoroscopy to be performed on site.
Procedures offered include:
- Pancreato-biliary procedures
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Photodynamic therapy
- Endoscopic suturing
- Trans-nasal endoscopy
- Endoscopic resections