Code of Conduct
VCU Health is committed to an environment of uncompromising integrity and ethical conduct. Our ethical standards are the foundation for our decisions and actions. As employees of the health system our actions will be guided by these principles and values:
- Respect: We will respect individuals, diversity, and the rights of others.
- Honesty: We will act and communicate honestly and candidly. We will not mislead others.
- Excellence: We will strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Responsibility and Accountability: We will be responsible and accountable for our decisions and actions and will comply with the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that govern our health system activities.
- Stewardship: We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to the health system.
- Compliance: We will understand and comply with the codes, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that govern our health system activities.
We recognize that our decisions and actions reflect not only upon our individual reputations but also upon the reputation of the health system. Our actions will be guided by these ethical principles and values even when confronted by personal, professional, social, or economic pressures.
Download our code of conduct.