VCU Health programs bring an unparalleled array of specialized services to the citizens of Virginia and beyond. Our team of people, over 12,000 dedicated healthcare professionals, including more than 900 physicians and 3,700 nurses and advanced practice providers, carry out our mission to be the safest and most caring health system through their work. To fully realize our vision for the future, we must now focus on the places where care is delivered. We must break down the barriers to attracting the professionals and students while also serving our patients and their families. Our work is laser focused on the following:
- Improving parking and access to facilities on the MCV Campus
- Providing all private patient rooms
- Designing welcoming and healing environments for patients, families, and guests
- Continuing to improve access to care for the growing needs of our community
- Focusing on campus beautification
- Supporting improvements in pedestrian safety
- Bolstering the teaching and research missions through innovative technology and spaces designed for research and teaching
What does the health care campus of tomorrow look like? How about nearly two million square feet of space — focused on the needs of both our inpatient and outpatient populations.
For more information on how you can support VCU Health System’s strategic master facilities plan, please contact Carrie Bickford at Carrie.Bickford@vcuhealth.org.