Notice of Nondiscrimination
VCU Health System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
VCU Health System:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Language Services at (804) 628-1116 or our patient resource coordinator at (804) 628-0400.
If you believe that VCU Health System has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Patient Resource Coordinator, VCU Health System, Box 980143 Richmond, Virginia, (804) 628-0400, TTY: 1-800-828-1120, Fax: (804) 628-0777, Email: email@example.com
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, a Patient Resource Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019 or 1-800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights website.