The VCU Department of Ophthalmology provides eye care services in both ambulatory and in-patient settings.
Our department is among the first in the U.S. to offer implantable telescope technology.
We are a major training ground for Virginia's future ophthalmologists and are committed to attracting excellent residents and recruiting outstanding faculty to provide resident training and patient care.
Specialties and Services
- Comprehensive ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
- Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery
- Cornea and external diseases
- Retina and vitreous diseases
- Pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus
- Optometric services
- Uveitis & Intraocular Inflammation