Patient and Family Advisory Committee
Together, there’s no limit to what we can do
We believe in the right to health, in access to information for all, in care that sees no boundaries. We open our arms to ideas, to people, to new methods — embracing or inventing anew every facet of care that brings our community closer to wellness.
We know patients and family members are the most informed voices on any health care team. That’s why we created the Patient and Family Advisory Committee, to bring your point of view front and center in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of health care.
Join our Patient and Family Advisory Committee
We’re improving the patient experience with help from everyday heroes like you. As an advisor, you’ll partner with an amazing community of other advisors, health care providers and team members. Your participation will help us provide the most comprehensive, safest, and highest quality care.
Have you or a family member been a patient at VCU Health in the past two years? If so, you have the opportunity to:
- Share your personal experiences (constructive feedback only, please)
- Hear multiple points of view
- Demonstrate compassion and understanding (and a sense of humor, too)
- Be sensitive to the diverse patient population we serve here at VCU Health
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically
- And, remember, everything is confidential
Providing top-notch care means sharing feedback and helping others see things from a different perspective. See what we’re talking about by signing up to become an advisor today.
Some things we’re proud of
So far we’ve heard great feedback on topics like our …
- Alternatives to traditional pain management (music therapy, aromatherapy, etc.)
- Stroke education for the community
- Assistance with a grant proposal that would study the care trauma patients receive after being discharged from the hospital
- Redesign of the vcuhealth.org website
- My VCU Health patient portal functionality
- Patient communications, especially difficult topics
- Way-finding and exterior signage
How can I become involved?
For more information about VCU Health’s Patient and Family Advisory Council, or to inquire about becoming one of our advisors, please send us an email at email@example.com