Patients at VCU Medical Center clinical sites are entitled to certain rights. We affirm our Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, and all staff and patients are expected to support and respect these principles.
If you have questions about your rights, or you want to voice a concern about your rights, treatment, care or safety, we encourage you to first contact your doctor or nurse responsible for your care. The nurse manager on your patient care unit or clinic site may also be helpful.
If you need further assistance in resolving your concerns regarding the care you received, other VCU Medical Center resources are available to help you:
- Patient Centered Services: (804) 628-0400
- Clinical Administrator: (804) 628-0034
- Ethics Committee: (804) 628-3844
- Patient Safety Officer: (804) 828-0506
- Corporate Compliance: (804) 828-0500
- Compliance Helpline: 1-800-620-1438
- Risk Management: (804) 828-1707
If you continue to have concerns that you feel VCU Medical Center has not addressed, you may choose to directly contact the following agencies:
- Virginia Department of Health’s Office of Licensure and Certification at 1-800-955-1819
- Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services at (804) 786-3921
- The Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610
Our Privacy Practices and Procedures
VCU Medical Center is committed to protecting the privacy of your medical information. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of information that identifies you and the care you receive. We also require all of our employees to protect the confidentiality of your health information through written policies and procedures.
Employees are also required to display identification badges at all times to make certain that unauthorized persons are not accessing areas where your health information is stored. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please call our Privacy Officer at (804) 828-0500.