Construction and related utilty work at and around the VCU Health Outpatient Facility and Inpatient Children's Hospital sites will affect traffic patterns for drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians on the MCV Campus for several months. Please take note of the traffic impacts below and plan your travel accordingly so you arrive safely and on time.
VCU Health team members! Reboot your commute and save on parking costs. Find the alternative that's right for you at commute.vcu.edu
NEW: Team members, faculty, staff, students, patients and community members can now sign up for text message alerts to receive updates and urgent information about MCV Campus traffic impacts. To opt-in to this subscription, text the keyword MCVTRAFFIC to 795-16.
NOTE: Subscribing to the MCVTRAFFIC group will auto-enroll users to VCU Alert messages. Opting-out or replying STOP to 795-16 will automatically unsubscribe users from both MCVTRAFFIC and VCU Alert texts.
- Dominion Energy has transitioned work over to the Sanger Hall side of 11th and Marshall streets.
- One lane of 11th Street, between Broad and Marshall streets, is closed.
- A pedestrian walk path has been maintained to allow safe travel through this area.
Monday, May 20 at 7 p.m. through Friday, May 24 at 7 p.m.
- The northbound lane of 10th Street, between Marshall and Leigh streets, will be closed.
- The RamRide stop at Sanger Hall is temporarily relocated to 1000 E. Broad St., directly in front of the Children's Pavilion.
- All Connector Express, A Lot, R Lot and M Lot shuttles now service passengers at 1000 E. Broad Street.
- Signage indicating the stop location is posted in front of the Children's Pavilion and all impacted routes are updated on the RamRide tracker.
- One eastbound lane of Marshall Street is closed to midblock, between 10th and 11th streets.
- VCU Police are on site at the intersections of 10th and 11th streets to assist with pedestrian and traffic control on Marshall Street.
- Two northbound lanes of 10th Street, between Broad and Marshall streets, are closed.
- One northbound and one southbound lane has been maintained.
- Flaggers are stationed at the entrance and exit to the Children's Pavilion off 10th Street.
- The sidewalk of 11th Street (Children's Pavilion side of street) is closed to midblock.
- For your safety, please follow detour signs and use the marked crosswalks at the intersection of Broad and 11th streets.
- Clay Street, between 10th and 11th streets, closes nightly between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- "No Turn on Red" signs have been installed at the intersection of 11th and Leigh streets.
- The sidewalks on 10th and 11th streets have been closed to pedestrians for the duration of the construction of the VCU Outpatient Facility. For your safety, please follow detours in the area.
Please follow street and pedestrian detour signs through these areas and allow extra time for travel. We apologize for any inconvenience as we work to improve our campus.
Recent Traffic Updates