Construction and related utility work at and around the VCU Health Outpatient Facility and Inpatient Children's Hospital sites will affect traffic patterns for drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians on the MCV Campus for several months. Please take note of the traffic impacts below and plan your travel accordingly so you arrive safely and on time.
Sign up for text message alerts to receive updates and urgent information about MCV Campus traffic impacts. To opt-in, text the keyword MCVTRAFFIC to 795-16.
NOTE: Subscribing to the MCVTRAFFIC group will auto-enroll users to VCU Alert text messages. Replying STOP to 795-16 will automatically unsubscribe users from both MCVTRAFFIC and VCU Alert texts.
VCU Health team members! Reboot your commute and save on parking costs. Find the alternative that's right for you at commute.vcu.edu
- As demolition of the Marshall Street Pavilion continues, two lanes of Marshall Street, between 10th and 11th streets, as well as the sidewalk, are closed.
- One eastbound and one westbound lane of Marshall Street has been maintained.
- VCU Police are on site to assist with pedestrian and traffic control at the intersection of Marshall and 11th streets.
- One lane of 11th Street, between Broad and Marshall streets, is closed.
- A pedestrian walk path has been maintained to allow safe travel through this area.
- Two northbound lanes of 10th Street, between Broad and Marshall streets, are closed.
- One northbound and one southbound lane have been maintained.
- The sidewalk of 11th Street (Children's Pavilion side of street) is closed to midblock.
- For your safety, please follow detour signs and use the marked crosswalks at the intersection of Broad and 11th streets.
- The northbound lane of 10th Street, between Marshall and Leigh streets, is closed.
- The construction fencing for the Outpatient Facility has been pushed out one additional lane on 11th St., between Clay and Leigh streets.
- The parking lane on 11th Street will now be utilized as a travel lane for the remainder of construction.
- 11th Street will continue to be open to two lanes of through traffic between Clay and Leigh streets.
- "No Turn on Red" signs have been installed at the intersection of 11th and Leigh streets.
- The sidewalks on 10th and 11th streets, between Clay and Leigh streets, have been closed to pedestrians for the duration of the construction of the VCU Health Outpatient Facility. For your safety, please follow detours in the area.
- The RamRide stop at Sanger Hall is temporarily relocated to 1000 E. Broad St., directly in front of the Children's Pavilion.
- All Connector Express, A Lot, R Lot and M Lot shuttles now service passengers at 1000 E. Broad Street.
- Signage indicating the stop location is posted in front of the Children's Pavilion and all impacted routes are updated on the RamRide tracker.
Please follow street and pedestrian detour signs through these areas and allow extra time for travel. We apologize for any inconvenience as we work to improve our campus.
Recent Traffic Updates