Celebrate Heart Month with VCU Health Pauley Heart Center
Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease.
Every 60 seconds, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event.
Additionally, in the United States, someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds.
Can we prevent Heart Disease? YES! You are never too young— or too old — to take care of your heart. Preventing heart disease (and all cardiovascular diseases) means making smart choices now that will pay off the rest of your life. Lack of exercise, a poor diet and other unhealthy habits can take their toll over the years. Anyone at any age can benefit from simple steps to keep their heart healthy during each decade of life.
These are just some reasons why that during the month of February we focus on sharing Heart Health facts and tips so we can make these changes. Additionally, we want to celebrate those who have made changes and hit their milestones!
Check out our 2019 events!
Feb. 1: VCU Health Pauley Heart Center - “Annual Go Red Day”
- Learn heart healthy tips and tricks, get your blood pressure checked and more!
- Main Hospital, above the Cafeteria: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Feb. 2: Heart Health in Women Symposium*
- Earn CME credit for attending this annual women’s conference
Feb. 2: Join the Pauley team at the CBS 6 Richmond Women’s Health & Fitness Expo
- 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. located at the Greater Richmond Convention Center
Feb. 5: Seminar Series: Cancer Treatment and Heart Disease: Making the connection
- Dr. Greg Hundley, Director of the VCU Health Pauley Heart Center
Feb. 7: Facebook Live: Let’s revisit the new Blood Pressure Guidelines
Feb. 12: Seminar Series: How To Put Your Best Self Forward To Reduce Your Cardiovascular Risk
- Dr. Phoebe Ashley, Pauley Heart Center Cardiologist
Feb. 13: VCU Health Pauley Heart Center Night at VCU Men’s Basketball Game*
- Bring a Valentine for Coach Mike Rhoades and the VCU Men’s Basketball Team!
Feb. 22: Facebook Live: What is Heart Failure?
- Dr. Keyur Shah, Pauley Heart Center Section Chief Heart Failure
Feb. 27: Seminar Series: Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation
- Dr. Kenneth Ellenbogen, Pauley Chairman of the Division of Cardiology and Director of Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Dr. Vigneshwar Kasirajan, VCU Health Chairman of Surgery
*admission fee required
Want more information? Contact Pauline Singleton: Pauline.Singleton@vcuhealth.org