On day of surgery a physician will:
- Review your medical history
- Briefly examine you
- Discuss an anesthesia plan, risks and benefits and pain control
- Ask you to complete an Anesthesia Consent Form.
- Answer your questions and will supervise your anesthesia care. Techniques include:
- General Anesthesia (GA). This may involve a breathing tube
- Regional Anesthesia (RA). This may involve a spinal, epidural or other blocks
- Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) with sedation.
Please INFORM the PACE Staff and your Anesthesiologist if you or any of your family members have previously had complications with anesthesia including severe Post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV, airway problems or malignant hyperthermia (MH).