Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology
The department provides neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology services at VCU Health and the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center for adults and children (ages 6 and greater) with TBI, stroke, brain tumors, spinal cord injury, learning disabilities, dementia and other neurological disorders. We strive to maximize the quality of life of these persons through the use of a full spectrum of treatment, treatment planning, consultation and referral services.
Our Mission is Threefold:
Arrange and provide treatment based on a thorough evaluation of patient’s unique needs and goals.
Provide individuals, families and professionals support and educational information about neurological conditions.
Improve care and advance the understanding of neurological disorders through research.
- Supportive individual psychotherapy
- Family support, counseling and education
- Marital therapy
- Behavior management
- Stress management and relaxation
- Academic disability documentation
- Academic planning, counseling and consultation
- Vocational planning and re-entry