Mission and Goals
Dietetic Internship Mission Statement:
To provide an educational environment in which the intern can develop competence needed for entry level practice, strengthen previous experience or refine personal goals, and gain a foundation for future growth.
Goal 1: To prepare program graduates to function in an entry-level position in dietetics at a caliber consistent with expectations of employers.
Program Objectives for Goal 1:
- 100% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion. (Required ACEND outcome measure)
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%. *** (Required ACEND outcome measure)
- At least 80% of program interns complete program requirements within 16 months (150% of the program length). (Required ACEND outcome measure)
- Of graduates who seek employment, 100% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation. (Required ACEND outcome measure)
- 100% of program graduates indicate they felt confident to accept their first position in dietetics when surveyed one-year after graduation.
- 100% of employers of graduates indicate they would hire other VCUHS graduates on responses to employer surveys at one-year post graduation. (Required ACEND outcome measure)
Goal 2: To provide a broad base of experiences at a level of responsibility that encourages graduates to be independent learners and problem solvers.
Program Objectives for Goal 2:
- During staff experience rotations in both MNT and Management, 100% of interns will demonstrate independent problem-solving skills and critical thinking by "Meeting Expectations" on assignment responsibilities.
- Employers of our graduates will rate critical thinking and problem-solving skills as at least satisfactory 100% of the time on one-year post-graduation surveys.
***The VCUHS Dietetic Internship first-year pass rate is 100%, with a first-time pass rate of 98% (over five-year period).
(Program outcome data for other goals are available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)