Submitting an Application
The VCUHS Dietetic Internship participates in DICAS (Dietetic Internship Central Application System). This requires that your application be submitted through the central application portal. The ACEND website provides additional information on the centralized application process. Please follow the DICAS instructions for submitting your application. The deadline for applications is September 25 for the Fall Match and February 15 for the Spring Match. Be sure to submit all required DICAS payments.
There is also a separate application fee for the program. Send a check or money order for $50 (no cash), payable to Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (VCUHS). This application fee is non-refundable. The application fee for our program must be postmarked by the DICAS application deadline.
Please send the application fee to:
Jana L Boston, PhD, R.D.,
Director, Dietetic Internship
403N. 13th St.
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0294
A Complete Application Includes the Following
DICAS application submission, following DICAS guidelines should include:
- Properly completed application form
- Personal Statement
- Answer all questions on DICAS form
- In addition, indicate reasons for applying to the VCUHS Dietetic Internship, and for the concentration you selected
- Declaration of Intent to Complete or Verification Statement submitted by your DPD Director
- Official transcript(s) of credit from ALL universities or colleges
- Reference forms from three professionally qualified persons
- Provide at least one reference from work experience (preferably dietetics related)
- Provide at least one academic reference
- Choose references that can speak to you current qualifications
- DICAS application fee
VCUHS application fee submission (non-refundable)
- $50 application fee (check or money order made payable to VCUHS) mailed to Program Director.
You should apply for one and only one concentration offered within the VCUHS Dietetic Internship
All applicants must also participate in Computer Matching
Equal Opportunity Statement
VCU Health System is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, genetics, disability or military status.