Registration - Our registration staff welcomes the opportunity to assist you with scheduling an appointment, updating your personal information, completing medical records requests, and a wide variety of other services.
If you are new to our practice and need to complete the registration paperwork, please click here to be directed to Patient Forms.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our providers, please call the office at 434-447-2566.
Insurance & Billing
- Please notify your primary care physician prior to your appointment if you are covered by an HMO that requires a referral to our office.
- Co-payments are required before services are rendered. We accept Matercard, Visa, check, debit cards, money order, or cash
- We will gladly submit your charges to your insurance carrier(s). Please keep in mind that you, as the patient, are ultimately responsible for your bill. The billing office will be glad to answer any questions or concerns regarding your bills/account.
- If you are being seen for a Workers’ Compensation claim, your employer or your workers’ compensation representative MUST contact the office prior to your visit. We will ask for your claim number, date of injury, body part(s) involved in injury, employer information, and billing information along with authorization to see you. If you or your employer can not provide this information before your appointment, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
We require a 48 hour advance notice for prescription refills. Please do not wait until you are out of medications before contacting the office. If you need a prescription refill please call (434) 447-2566.
Our nurses are always ready to assist you with your medication needs, form completion, or any medical questions. We require a 48 hour notice on all medication refills. We will complete FMLA forms within 5-7 business days. All other forms are completed within 7-10 business days. Please bring all forms for completion with you to your appointment.
- To reach Dr. Keyur Mavani, Dr. Mitra Sahebazamani or their nurses Jessica Johnson RN or Janice Jiggetts LPN: please call the office at 434-447-2566.
Can I pay my bills on-line?
This feature is available through our patient portal. Although we are owned and operated by VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital, please do NOT attempt to pay your physician bill by using the VCU Health CMH website.
How do I obtain a prescription refill?
To obtain a prescription refill, please bring all medications with you to your scheduled office visit. If medications are not refilled at that time, you may have to wait up to 48 hours before your refill can be completed. It is important you bring all medications to every office visit.
What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
You should bring your insurance card, co-pay and/or account balance payments, and all medications you are taking as well as any over-the-counter medications. If you choose not to bring the actual bottles, you can elect to bring an updated list. The list should include the name of the medication, dosage (mg or ml), and how often you are to take the medication.
What if I have a question after hours?
After normal office hours, urgent calls are handled by the provider on-call. To reach the provider on call you should contact VCU Health CMH Operator at 434-447-3151, option 0. For emergencies, you should go to the nearest Emergency Room. For questions of a non-urgent nature, you should call our office during regular business hours.
Am I required to pay a deposit if I have surgery?
If you are a self-pay patient (no insurance) you are required to pay a portion of the charge before the nurse can schedule your surgery when it is non-emergent. You will also need to contact VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital (CMH) to discuss down payment for the hospital charges as we cannot help you with that portion of your bill.
If you are a patient that has insurance, you are not required to pay a down payment as we will file your insurance(s) and you will be billed accordingly.
Is there a charge for obtaining my medical records or forms completion?
Yes, there is a minimal administrative charge for requests to complete forms and for personal requests of medical records.