We know that most of us don’t think about our body’s circulatory system until there is a problem. This system transports nutrients to the cells throughout the body and when problems occur, this can be life threatening. Our goal is to help our patients achieve optimal health by the treatment and prevention of vascular disease.
Your care is important to us and you can be assured that our focus is on you. We are dedicated to finding the right treatment, educating you on your options and exceeding your needs. We will work together with you and your family to ensure that you have the information necessary to make informed decisions.
The VCU Health Vascular Surgery division is committed to making your care our top priority. In addition, we are training the next generation of premier vascular surgeons and engaging in research that will bring the newest treatments to you. Our team specializes in the treatment of vascular diseases using state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. Whether the best option is non-invasive management, minimally invasive endovascular therapies, or open surgery, our surgeons can provide the full spectrum of therapies to treat any peripheral vascular problem.
Diseases treated and procedures performed:
- Endovascular Repair (EVAR)
- Abdominal aortic open surgery and stenting
- Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair (TEVAR)
- Thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic open surgery and stenting
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) treatment
- Angiography, angioplasty, stenting
- Leg bypass surgery
- Carotid artery surgery, angiography and stenting
- Dialysis access creation and maintenance
- Renal artery angiography and stenting
- Mesenteric artery revascularization
- Varicose vein treatments
If you have any questions about a known or possible vascular disorder, we are available and happy to discuss these matters with you.
Mark M. Levy, MD
Chair, Division of Vascular Surgery
Chair of Vascular Surgery, VCU Baird Vascular Institute