Our staff represents the most talented and dedicated of healthcare workers. In fact, VCUHS is ranked first among area consumers when it comes to choosing healthcare. We value every member of our team and appreciate their contributions to VCUHS and to the community of patients and families whose lives they touch each day.
- We ended 2012 with 9,301 active employees, of which 75.72 percent are female and 24.28 percent are male.
- The average age of our employees is 42 years.
- The average length of tenure of current staff is 8.1 years.
- We are proud that 39 percent of our employees represent minority ethnicities.
- For the 1,629 new hires in 2012, we received more than 56,629 job applications and 15 percent were previous employees.
- Together, VCUHS employees share 74,034.1 years of service.
By the Numbers
We are a regional referral center for the state, the region’s only Level I Trauma Center, a Carnegie Foundation Level I Research University and a National Cancer Institute Cancer Center. Our vital statistics include:
|Emergency Department Visits
|Outpatient Clinic Visits
|Virginia Premier Member Months