The mission of VCUHS Nursing is to "provide high-quality, compassionate and individualized nursing care for all our patients and their families." Nursing, in cooperation with interdisciplinary colleagues and in congruence with the VCUHS mission, vision and values, is committed to:
- Assisting patients/families in becoming fully informed about their care and involved in the planning and delivery of that care
- Providing educational opportunities in clinical nursing and professional development of nurses
- Fostering innovative, evidence-based nursing practice
- Partnering with colleagues in the VCU School of Nursing to promote the advancement of nursing practice and educating the health care professionals of tomorrow
- Serving as nursing leaders within the community and the profession
In recognition of the standards of a healthy work environment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice and as a Magnet-recognized organization, nursing leaders focus their efforts and energies to create an environment where nurses can practice nursing according to the values of the profession and the organization and make their optimal contribution to patient care.
It’s an exciting time to be a nurse at VCUHS! To learn more, about what it's like to be a nurse at VCUHS, please visit our nursing department’s web pages. To discover current career opportunities, please browse our job listings page.