The Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (VCUHS) is an urban, comprehensive academic medical center in central Virginia established to preserve and restore health for all people, to seek the cause and cure of diseases through innovative research, and to educate those who serve humanity.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Health System is committed to excellence in patient care and education as the preeminent academic medical center in the mid-Atlantic region. Quality and safety drive our vision, which is propelled by the best people dedicated to:
- Demonstrating superior value to patients, employers and payers;
- Securing our position as a national leader in integrated delivery systems;
- Fostering the contributions of all members of the health care team in the care of patients;
- Educating the next generation of health professionals using leading-edge techniques and innovation;
- Applying novel research in the clinical and basic sciences, and translating new discoveries to patient care;
- Ensuring sufficient assets to support our mission and vision through disciplined stewardship of financial activities.
Service – We provide exceptional service by putting the needs of the patient first.
Trust – We earn trust from those we serve and from those with whom we work by our commitment to safety, privacy, and accountability.
Attitude – We display a positive attitude through kindness, compassion and empathy to those in our care and with whom we interact.
Respect – We respect the dignity of each individual and celebrate the diversity of the communities we serve.